Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to Delay Falling Asleep

I have some advice for you two or almost 2 year olds out there.

Here are some things you need to learn to say in order to delay your nap and bed times.

1. "More praying"
2. "I need go potty" (This works really well if you never say it during the day.)
3. "Lay down by me mommy?" (You have to keep it real sweet sounding!)
4. "More kisses" (Naming each family member you want to kiss is helpful too.)
5. "Make pillows" (This means they need to fold your blankets into 'pillows' for you.)
6. "Sleep in mommy's room?"
7. "All done sleeping"

Here are some things you need to do in order to delay your nap and bed times.

1. Keep getting out of bed, even if it means punishment
2. Cry like you've been hurt really, really bad
3. Take out the floor vents
4. Pull the return air vents off the wall (if they're on your level that is)
5. Pull anything in an electrical outlet out and then try to put it back in
6. Have at least 5 things you need to sleep with each night
7. Pull things off of shelves
8. Take off your clothes (That's old news I know but thought I'd remind you.)
9. Quietly read books so your parents don't know you're not sleeping, then smile like an angel when they discover you
10. Run away from your mom and dad when they try to get your pajamas on and brush your teeth, then make these things hard for them to do after they catch you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she learned a few tricks from Kaylee - ha!

Bobbi

Our family said...

I hope Erik never sees this list!

Brooke said...

I love this! Happy Birthday Elliana!!