My friends Dr Shawn and Alicia got married this weekend, and I got to be a flower girl in their wedding.
Let me tell you all about it.
The night before we had to practice.
I didn't obey when they told me to take my fingers out of my mouth and to drop petals - until I got to Dr. Shawn. Then I dropped all my petals at his feet.
After we practiced they gave me my first Barbie doll. Somehow I had Barbie shoes before but no doll. I actually asked my mom and dad for a Barbie last week, and now I have one!
When my mom practiced doing my hair, she failed! So before the wedding, I went to see Emily. (My mom says if you're looking for someone new to do your hair, you should try Emily, and you can find her at Tangled Up Hair Salon. Ask for the Emily with the middle chair.)
A few curls.
Some hairspray
And Viola!
After that we went to the church to get my dress on and take pictures. I actually smiled in some of them and felt so special being by pretty Alicia. Believe me, they took a lot of pictures even though I don't have any to show you to prove it.
After pictures, my friends and I sat quietly and waited for the wedding. Just kidding! We ran around! I took off my shoes so I could run faster.
My dad took some more pictures of me too, just in case we didn't have enough already.
Finally it was time for the wedding. I started walking down the aisle and dropping my petals. I got most of the way down and saw some candy in my basket, so I had to stop and empty it all out. Since I stopped I didn't get all the way down to Dr Shawn and had to go and sit with my mom right away. She had a lot more candy by her, so I didn't have to go get the candy I dropped in the aisle even though I wanted to.
We ate candy and drank water during the wedding and took off my shoes before I had to walk back up the aisle.
I took a power nap on the way to the dance so I could dance and dance and dance until way past my bed time. My parents were too tired from chasing me around so they forgot to bring the camera in to get pictures of me dancing. I really need to start helping them out.
I felt really special being a flower girl, and I'm so glad Dr Shawn and Alicia got married!

2 comments:
Such a cutie! Glad you got practice being a flower girl this weekend- I can only hope you'll be as cute in September! :)
She is so pretty Julie!
Post a Comment