I’ve been kind of busy this week. Here are the highlights.
-My friend Savannah came over to swim. Swimming in my little pool is so much more fun if there’s someone my age around.
-I ate with Logan again. This time we sat in our high chairs next to each other for supper. He had the same thing I did but I wanted to eat off of his tray. My mom gave me my first set of pig tails for the occasion, and we played until way passed by bed time. He had the same thing I did but I wanted to eat off of his tray.
-I’ve gotten to play with Miles twice this week. He has a cat that is really fun to pet.
-I played with my neighbor’s dog for a little bit and fed him some of my goldfish crackers. He really liked them, and I liked sharing.
-I found my mom’s Tupperware cabinet. She’s been trying to get me to clean this out for a while.

Now you’re wondering what the big news is, aren’t you? Well, part of my big news is that I am learning to go down the stairs. I’m really quick at going up, but now I can go down too. I practice by taking a ball up a few stairs, throwing it down and then working to go get it. I’ve learned that if I sit sideways on the step I’m on, put the leg down that’s closest to the next step and then pull the other one down, I can safely get down the stairs. It’s a slow process and I’m not too confident yet, but it’s fun to practice.
My really big news though is that I took what my parents are calling MY FIRST STEPS yesterday! I did it in two different places. The first time was at my Aunt Jill’s house. She was building me a tower of blocks to knock over, and I took steps over to it. The other place I took steps was when I was trying to walk towards my daddy after his softball game. I stand a lot now and think about doing it again, but it's still easier to just sit down and crawl to where I need to go. I'm sure my parents will try to tempt me often this weekend to take more steps so I can be practiced up to show off my new skill! I can't wait to show you.
No comments:
Post a Comment